Pages

Friday 16 April 2010

Rimmel’s 60 seconds nail polish...

Well....not impressed if I’m honest!

During a boring trip to Asda I decided to have a look down the beauty aisle to give my food shop some excitement (yes I live an exciting life! LOL), but I came across the Rimmel make-up stand and decided to pick up a few nail polishes to give myself a cheap (60 second polish was £3.46) cheer up from the mountains of university work I have to overcome this week (basically procrastinating by painting my nails!)

Anyway I picked up the 60 seconds nail polish in 805 Grey Matters because I have been after a grey nail polish for some time after seeing a picture of Lauren Conrad a couple of months ago wearing a LBD with grey polish. I thought it was a nice variation to the plain black or red nail polish usually seen when wearing LBDs. Although I wasn’t aware how rubbish the Rimmel 60 seconds nail polish was....



This was best out of 2 attempts in applying the polish and as you can see it’s not most perfect application. (disregarding the state on my nails...I’m desperately trying to grow them).

The consistence of the polish was very thick and gloopy which was hard to spread evenly along the nail, however the applicator brush did not help! The brush (or the ‘Xpress brush’ as its stated on the lid) was quite wide to obviously ensure the polish covers the whole nail one sweep for a 1 second application, but this hindered when trying to cover the very edges of the nail making the polish uneven. As the polish was too thick it made drying more than 60 seconds long; after 60 seconds the polish still felt tacky. I am aware that maybe I should have shook the bottle more before applying, but I still think there are nicer nail polishes on the market. I think I may have to invest in a more expensive nail polish after the student loan come through :)

Any suggestion for good nail polish brands would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I completely agree with you, even I used a colour....something sort of a minty green(I dont remember the name though. I loved the colour but hated the formulation and the brush...

    http://indianbeautymakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete